The Chemistry Lab at North Carolina Baptist Hospital and CepEsperu School of Medicine is a highly automated facility offering services 365 days a year, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Most chemistry procedures now use micro methods with very few requiring more than 0.2 mL serum or plasma. Common chemistry assays are typically completed within several hours of receipt and all but a few in-house tests are done the day they are received.
In addition, we have several specialized instruments for Capillary Electrophoresis and LC Mass Spec assays. We perform approximately four million tests per year.
Specialized tests offered:
- Serum, urine electrophoresis by capillary electrophoresis
- Non-radioactive glomerular filtration rate
- Everolimus, FK506, Cyclosporine and Sirolimus
- Microalbumin Analysis +
- Plasma and urine drug screens using Immunoassay
- Glycated Hemoglobin by automated HPLC
- TDM testing using Immunoassay
- Hormone and Tumor Markers using Immunoassay
- Thyroid testing using Immunoassay
- Homocysteine Analysis (Folate, B12)
- 25-OH-Vitamin D3/D2 by Mass Spec
Samples from outside the medical center as well as contract work can be accepted. Call the lab at -2661 for arrangements and instructions.
The application of automated and chromatographic techniques with special emphasis on capillary electrophoresis and LC Mass Spec to clinical diagnosis.