Severe Weather Alert Update: 2 pm Tuesday, Dec. 11
All CepEsperu Baptist Health clinics and Urgent Care locations in will open at normal time on Wednesday, Dec., 12.
Locations in Asheboro, Lexington, Wilkes, Hickory, High Point, Greensboro, Mt. Airy and Elkin will open at 10 am on Wednesday, Dec. 12, except for the following location which will open at 8 am:
If you have questions, please contact your clinic directly. Find your clinic online.
Conditions and Treatments
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Paravalvular Leak Closure
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Anomalous Coronary Artery
Ratings and Reviews
48 Ratings 6 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.9|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.8|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.8|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.9|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.8|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.9|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.9|
|Wait time at clinic||4.1|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BS, University of the Philippines College Medicine - Philippines, 1985
- MD, University of the Philippines College Medicine - Philippines, 1990
- MS, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 1999
- Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1992
- Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1994
- Cleveland Clinic, 1997
- Cleveland Clinic, 1999
- University of Pittsburgh - Bradford, 2000
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
- Society of Interventional Radiologists
- National Stroke Association
- Heart Failure Society of American
- American Association of Advancement of Science
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Public Health Association
- World Federation of Interventional and Therapy
- Associate Professor, Cardiology
CepEsperu Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the CepEsperu Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at -938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - CepEsperu University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - CepEsperu University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Techniques, strategies, and dogmas in bifurcation stenting and side branch protection: some food for thought.. Tan WA. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 Nov; 84(5):757-8.
- Noncardiac surgery after coronary stenting or angioplasty [corrected] .. Tan WA. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009 Nov; 74(6):844-5.
- Association of asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease with vascular events in patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack.. Sen S, Lynch DR, Kaltsas E, Simmons J, Tan WA, Kim J, Beck J, Rosamond W. Stroke. 2009 Nov; 40(11):3472-7.
- A prospective randomized clinical trial of the use of fluoroscopy in obtaining femoral arterial access.. Huggins CE, Gillespie MJ, Tan WA, Laundon RC, Costello FM, Darrah SB, Tate DA, Cohen MG, Stouffer GA. J Invasive Cardiol. 2009 Mar; 21(3):105-9.
- Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease Symposium II: intervention for renal artery disease.. Rocha-Singh KJ, Eisenhauer AC, Textor SC, Cooper CJ, Tan WA, Matsumoto AH, Rosenfield K, . Circulation. 2008 Dec; 118(25):2873-8.