Ratings and Reviews
16 Ratings 1 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||5.0|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||5.0|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.9|
|CP spoke using clear language||5.0|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||5.0|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||5.0|
|Patients' confidence in CP||5.0|
|Time CP spent with patient||5.0|
|Wait time at clinic||4.8|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, College of William and Mary, 1992
- MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
- MS, CepEsperu University, 2009
- Internal Medicine, Dartmouth - Hitchcock Medical Center, 1997
- Internal Medicine, Dartmouth - Hitchcock Medical Center, 1999
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Professor, General Internal Medicine
- Professor, Epidemiology and Prevention
- Professor, Social Sciences and Health Policy
- Professor, Implementation Science
CepEsperu Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the CepEsperu Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at -938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - CepEsperu University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - CepEsperu University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Effect of a Digital Health Intervention on Receipt of Colorectal Cancer Screening in Vulnerable Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Miller DP, Denizard-Thompson N, Weaver KE, Case LD, Troyer JL, Spangler JG, Lawler D, Pignone MP. Ann. Intern. Med. 2018 Apr; 168(8):550-557.
- Impact of Curriculum Content on Resident Attitudes Towards Cancer Care. Lycan T, Hansen K, Miller D. J Cancer Educ. 2017 Jun; 32(2):280-282.
- Usability of a Novel Mobile Health iPad App by Vulnerable Populations. Miller DP, Weaver KE, Case LD, Babcock D, Lawler D, Denizard-Thompson N, Pignone MP, Spangler JG. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2017 Apr; 5(4):e43.
- The prevalence of binge drinking among primary care residents. Greene M, Johnson JA, Seale JP, Tindol A, Le KB, Clemow DD, Barham AH, Miller DP. Subst Abus. ; 38(3):292-296.
- Primary Care Providers' Views of Patient Portals: Interview Study of Perceived Benefits and Consequences. Miller DP, Latulipe C, Melius KA, Quandt SA, Arcury TA. J. Med. Internet Res. 2016 Jan; 18(1):e8.