Business 40 Lane Closures between Cloverdale Ave. and Peters Creek Parkway from July 7 through October 5
Update: July 5, 2019
Beginning Sunday, July 7th at 9 p.m., the outside lane of eastbound and westbound Business 40 will close between Cloverdale Avenue and Peters Creek Parkway, reducing traffic on Business 40 to one lane in each direction. At some point during the closure, the outside lanes will reopen and the inner lanes east and westbound will close.
Also during this time, the Peters Creek Parkway ramp to westbound Business 40 will be reduced to one lane.
These lane closures are expected to last 90 days and reopen on October 5, 2019.
During this closure time, crews will work to lower the elevation of the new Business 40, between Fourth Street and Peters Creek Parkway, creating a smoother transition when all of Business 40 opens in Spring 2020!
Tips For Your Trip
Call -ROAD (7623) for a recorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours.
- For real time closure information, check NCDOT’s Traveler Information Management (TIMS) maps.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Walkertown, Walnut Cove
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville