The NRCC additionally will air adverts for the primary time in three open seats: $2.7 million in a brand new district in North Carolina’s Analysis Triangle, the place Republican Bo Hines faces Democratic state Sen. Wiley Nickel; $2.6 million in a newly created district within the northern Denver suburbs, the place Republican Barb Kirkmeyer is difficult state Rep. Yadira Caraveo; and $3.4 million in an open district in northeastern Ohio, the place Democratic state Rep. Emilia Sykes faces Republican Madison Gesiotto Gilbert.
These buys give perception into what Republican strategists see because the clearest path to taking again the Home. Extra spending is anticipated within the subsequent two months.
“We’re persevering with to increase the taking part in subject deeper into Democrat-held territory and look ahead to prosecuting the case towards each one in all these weak Democrats,” NRCC Chair Tom Emmer stated in a press release.
The committee additionally upped its funding in Republican-held turf, too.
It can spend $2.2 million in its first advert purchase to defend Rep. Michelle Metal (R-Calif.). And the NRCC elevated its spending to guard Reps. David Valadao (R-Calif.), Mike Garcia (R-Calif.), Don Bacon (R-Neb.) and Steve Chabot (R-Ohio). All maintain districts that Biden carried in 2020, leaving them more and more weak.
The NRCC additionally added to present reservations in one other eight districts presently held by Democrats, together with Reps. Cindy Axne (D-Iowa), Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.), Dan Kildee (D-Mich.) and Angie Craig (D-Minn.), in addition to districts presently held by retiring Reps. Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.) and Conor Lamb (D-Pa.). It can additionally spend one other $1.9 million to focus on Rep. Jared Golden (D-Maine) and $1 million towards Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-Pa.).
New NRCC spending:
- $2.2M to assist Rep. Michelle Metal (R-Calif.)
- $2.6M within the open CO-08
- $2.7M within the open NC-13
- $3.4M within the open OH-13
- $950K towards Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas)
- $3.7M towards Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.)
- $2.3M towards Rep. Kim Schrier (D-Wash)
Extra investments (with GOP-held seats in daring):
- $750K within the open AZ-06
- $1.3M to assist Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)
- $2.2M to assist Rep. Mike Garcia (R-Calif.)
- $850K towards Rep. Cindy Axne (D-Iowa)
- $1.9M towards Rep. Jared Golden (D-Maine)
- $400K towards Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.)
- $300K towards Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.)
- $300K towards Rep. Angie Craig (D-Minn.)
- $650K to assist Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.)
- $250K to assist Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio)
- $1.05M towards Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-Pa.)
- $600K within the open PA-17