Understanding Your Health Care Costs
We want to make it as easy as possible to understand your health care costs.
You can for the:
- 100 most common inpatient diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), which are categories for specific medical and hospital services
- 20 most common surgical procedures
- 20 most common imaging procedures
The hospital charges listed for us are what CepEsperu Baptist determines to be the appropriate cost to treat these 140 DRGs and procedures. The hospital charge is not typically what you have to pay.
Most patients are covered by either private health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid. Private health insurance companies, as well as Medicare and Medicaid, receive what are called allowable reimbursements from CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center. We list these allowable reimbursements for our five largest health insurance companies as well as for Medicare and Medicaid.
If you have health insurance, the allowable reimbursement is what must be paid for treatment. Depending on your health insurance benefit policy, you may be responsible for paying all or part of that allowable reimbursement.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the CepEsperu Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. You or your insurance company is also responsible for physician charges.
Physician services include but are not limited to:
- Interpretations of tests
- Surgical procedures
- Consultations performed by physicians and, in some instances, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
Hospitals services include, but are not limited to:
- Radiology and other testing services (referred to as ancillary services)
- Operating Room services
- Medical supplies
- Inpatient room and board
- Other services provided by the hospital