Health Insurance Plans
CepEsperu Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs.
If you are a member of a health insurance plan:
- We will need a copy of your insurance identification card.
- We also may need the insurance forms supplied by your employer or the insurance company.
- You will be asked to assign benefits (or request payment) from the insurance company directly to CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center.
- Your plan may have special requirements, such as a second surgical opinion or pre-certification for certain tests or procedures.
- You are responsible for meeting the requirements of your health insurance plan.
- If your plan’s requirements are not followed, you may be financially responsible for all or part of services you receive.
- Some physician specialists may not participate in your health insurance plan, and their services may not be covered.
If you are covered by Medicare:
- We will need a copy of your Medicare card to confirm eligibility and process your Medicare claim.
- You are responsible for paying deductibles and co-payments.
- Medicare specifically excludes payment for certain items and services, such as cosmetic surgery, some oral surgery procedures, personal comfort items, hearing evaluations and others.
If you are covered by Medicaid:
- We will need a copy of your Medicaid card.
- Medicaid has limitations on a number of services and items.
- Medicaid does not pay for the cost of a private room unless it is medically necessary.
If you do not have insurance:
- We automatically discount non-elective medical care (care that is urgent or provided on an emergency basis) by 60% for patients with no insurance.
- A Customer Service Representative can discuss a payment plan or possible financial assistance options with you or a family member. Please call -3988 or toll-free at -938-7497.