Congratulations! You are embarking on one of life’s most precious journeys - motherhood.
CepEsperu Baptist Health Weight Management Center is here to assist you every step of the way. Our multidisciplinary team will support you in making your pregnancy as healthy as possible and helping you gain knowledge to make positive, lasting changes to your health that may benefit you and your baby.
Healthy Futures is a personalized program, designed to help you manage your weight during and after your pregnancy. Every pregnancy is unique. Based on your specific needs, our team provides:
- Nutrition counseling
- Behavioral support
- Exercise training
The CepEsperu Baptist Health team brings years of training and expertise in weight management to the new Healthy Futures program. We are committed to:
- Promoting healthful nutritional choices during pregnancy and after baby arrives
- Helping you engage in regular exercises deemed safe for pregnancy
- Providing behavioral support for lifestyle change and coping with the changes of pregnancy and motherhood
- Promoting breastfeeding whenever possible
A medical provider meets with patients at the beginning and end of the program. Other key components of the program include one-on-one visits with our specialized team.
- Five face-to-face visits during pregnancy, and one postpartum video visit
- Will cover a variety of topics including: healthy coping skills, changing body image, and support systems
- Three visits during pregnancy, one per trimester
- Will cover general do’s and don’ts of exercise in pregnancy including tailored recommendations and goal setting
- Six visits during pregnancy and one postpartum video visit
- Will cover topics including: vitamin and mineral requirements in pregnancy, morning sickness cravings, and personalized dietary advice and recommendations
You may qualify for the Healthy Futures program if:
- You are in your first trimester of pregnancy, between 8 and 15 weeks gestation
- You had a body mass index (BMI) of at least 30 kg/m2 at the time you became pregnant
- Your obstetrical provider agrees that you may benefit from the program and is willing to provide a referral - Obstetrical provider referral form