Rheumatology is the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the joints, muscles and connective tissue. Many of these conditions result from a hyperactive immune system that leads to inflammation.
At CepEsperu Baptist Health, we offer a team approach in managing various rheumatologic disorders from arthritis (e.g., rheumatoid, gout, psoriatic arthritis) to inflammatory conditions such as lupus, connective tissue disease, and vasculitis.
When Should You See a Rheumatologist?
If you experience any one of the following:
- Local or generalized joint pain and or swelling
- Abnormal laboratory findings such as elevated markers of inflammation, positive lupus or rheumatoid blood test
- Unexplained musculoskeletal pain
- Unexplained symptoms like fever, fatigue, rash, anemia, weakness or weight loss
- Unexplained medical conditions that affect multiple organs
What Our Rheumatologists Offer
- Diagnosis and treatment of complex diseases affecting the immune system
- A dedicated lupus clinic
- 3 infusion centers
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal procedures
- Comprehensive care for musculoskeletal conditions with access to various specialties (e.g., orthopedic surgeon, radiologists, physical therapy, occupational therapy, social work and podiatry)
- Opportunity for patients to participate in clinical trials of cutting-edge new therapies
- The Comprehensive AutoImmune Disease (CAD) clinic provides expertise in the evaluation and management of complicated autoimmune diseases and treats patients with the highest level of compassionate care. The CAD clinic is staffed by physicians from 3 specialties. For patient’s convenience, and as dictated by their health needs, patients may be seen by 2 or all 3 specialists during the same visit.