The providers at Family Medicine – Piedmont Plaza offer continuing and comprehensive health care for individuals and families.
Located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Stratford Road, Country Club Road, First Street and Miller Street (commonly known as Five Points), Family Medicine – Piedmont Plaza is less than a mile from CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center and offers patients, staff and physicians the benefits of a community setting, while maintaining access to the Medical Center via a van shuttle service.
Our providers offer a full range of primary care services for children, adolescents, adults and seniors, including:
- Physical examinations
- Well baby and child care
- Obstetrical and gynecological care
- Insurance, school and sports exams
- Cardiac exercise testing
- Minor surgery, including skin biopsies and vasectomies
- Fitness and dietary guidance
- Health and disease patient education
- Individual, couple and family therapy
- Sports medicine
- Weight management program
- Diabetes education
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment team
- On-site labs and routine X-rays
- Extended hours (Saturday hours for current patients only)
- Free parking in front of the building, with access from First Street or Miller Street
- On-site pharmacy – Piedmont Plaza Pharmacy
Our providers take care of our patients while they are in the hospital. Depending on the nature and seriousness of the problem, you will receive care either from our family medicine inpatient team or from one of our sub-specialty colleagues.
As part of CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center, our patients have direct access to more than nationally and world-renowned doctors who specialize in orthopaedics, neurology, heart and vascular, cancer and other medical specialties.
Our Patient Care Modules and Continuity of Care
Four patient care modules, each with 10 examination rooms, a nursing station, a reception area, and a waiting room, provide the backbone for the clinic. The module (A, B, C or D) is where your provider sees you; it is his or her office within Family Medicine – Piedmont Plaza. Each module has its own group of providers which allows us to provide you with continuity of care.
Continuity of care means regular care from health professionals who know you and your family’s medical history. Continuity is very important to your health and to us. We always try to arrange for you and your family to be seen by your personal physician(s). If that is not possible, we will try to have another physician in your regular module care for you.
Some of our providers who you may encounter in your module are residents. Both residents and faculty are medical doctors and can provide the same services. Residents have recently completed medical school and are in our 3-year training program to become board certified in family medicine. All faculty (sometimes called attendings) have completed medical training and are board certified.
Family Medicine Nutrition Clinic
Nutrition appointments with a registered, licensed dietitian are available Monday through Friday for patients of Family Medicine – Piedmont Plaza. Initial nutrition appointments are 1 hour.
The goals of medical nutrition therapy are to keep people healthier throughout their life and to reduce complications from chronic diseases, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity.
Our dietitians are also Certified Diabetes Educators and provide medical nutrition therapy which includes:
- Reliable advice for health and disease prevention
- Individual nutrition care plans for patients with short-term and long-term illnesses
- A nutrition care plan developed with input from you, your physician and your dietitian
- Enlightenment on menu planning, grocery shopping, food preparation, restaurant eating and lifestyle changes to meet your health goals