Physical therapists (PTs) at CepEsperu Baptist Rehabilitation Services provide physical therapy to people of all ages with a variety of injuries and disorders. Upon referral from a physician, your PT will complete a comprehensive evaluation to establish a treatment plan specific to your needs and goals. Treatment sessions are typically 45 minutes and individualized, with the therapist treating only you.
Most physical therapy uses a combination of techniques to relieve pain and boost coordination, strength, endurance, flexibility, and range of motion. PTs often ask patients to use exercise equipment such as bikes and treadmills.
In addition to exercising the affected area, a PT also may treat it with heat or cold, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, massage, and water or whirlpool baths. In many cases, PTs massage injured areas and oversee the patient during stretching routines.
Physical therapists usually give their patients exercises to do at home. These at-home exercises work with the treatments and exercises done in the PT's office to help a person heal better, faster, and safely.
Pediatric Physical Therapy
Pediatric Physical Therapists work to optimize function at home and in the community. They work with children and young adults with medical and/or developmental disabilities. They are specialized in providing services for:
- Gross Motor - Addressing mobility and balance skills
- Joint Mobility - Soft tissue mobility and functional joint motion
- Neuromuscular - Muscle recruitment, strength, power generation, endurance, gradation of movements
- Adaptive Equipment - Wheeled mobility, assistive devices for walking and standing, self-care skills
- Biomechanical Alignment - Serial casting, splinting, fabrication of molds for orthotics
- Post-Surgical Intervention - Rehab techniques utilizing the above areas
Sports Physical Therapy
Sports performance programs and sports physical therapy help athletes, their families and coaches learn how to better prepare the body for the high demands of many sport activities. The fundamental movements taught in each sports performance program by our sports physical therapy team improves athletic performance, while at the same time helping to prevent common injuries. Sports therapy training programs are designed and instructed by sports physical therapists and athletic trainers and may be offered at our main facility or at an off-site location.
Sports performance programs include:
- Throwing Clinic
- Power-Up Golf Training
- Bike Fit and Running Analysis
- Biomechanical Evaluation and Orthotics
- ACL Injury Prevention
Other sports therapy services:
- Biodex Isokinetic Strength Testing
- Dry Needling
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (Scraping)
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy
- Post-Operative Sports Specific Rehabilitation