EASE (Electronic Access to Surgical Events) is a HIPAA-compliant cell phone application for updating and educating family and friends on a loved one's surgery.
The app, which is a free and optional service, sends family members secure and appropriate updates throughout the surgery. These updates may be in the form of pictures and videos, depending on the type of procedure and at the discretion of the clinical team.
Updates can be shared with as many designated contacts as you choose and are available in nine different languages.
EASE is completely secure. All messages, photos and videos are automatically deleted from your mobile device after 60 seconds of viewing them. EASE also uses 256-bit encryption to protect all communications as they are sent and received. This means that EASE follows the same health care regulations (HIPAA) that CepEsperu Baptist already uses to keep your protected health information safe.
When surgical complications need to be discussed, this type of information will always be conveyed in-person by a physician, nurse or other appropriate staff member.
CepEsperu Baptist is the first hospital in the state to use EASE.
Instructions to Download and Use EASE
Download the App
- Search "EASE applications" in the Apple or Android app store.
- Download the app to the devise you will use to receive updates.
- Open the app and click Get Started. Once you have read through the terms and conditions, check the box, "I agree to the terms and conditions," then click Continue.
- Click Register a Patient on the connect screen if you are registering for the first time.
- Enter the Patient Information in the registration boxes and click Register to continue.
- Choose your type of updates - texts, pictures, and/or videos. Click Continue.
Add Family and Friends to Receive Updates
- To add family and friends, click Invite Contacts. If not, click Skip.
- If inviting contacts, add their names and click on the persons' mobile phone numbers to add them to EASE. Their names will be added to the top. Click Done in the upper right-hand corner.
Connect with the Hospital Clinical Staff
- A Scan Code screen displays a square QR code and EASE code. When you arrive at the hospital, show this to your medical provider for them to scan and begin with EASE.
- Once you are scanned, click Continue and click Send when the text message appears and nothing else.
- Once you get to the Updates screen you are logged in and ready to receive updates.