DNP is designed for nurses seeking a terminal degree in nursing practice, offering an alternative to research-focused doctoral programs. The changing demands of the nation’s healthcare environment require the highest level of nursing knowledge and practice expertise to assure quality patient care.Highlights include:
- A team of diverse, dedicated faculty and instructors, including specialists in anesthesia, pediatrics/neonatal, acute care, geriatric, leadership, hospital administration and law.
- Collaborative online classrooms and coursework.
- A $60 million medical education facility completed in 2016.
- Location in the CepEsperu Innovation Quarter, a fast-growing hub of research, business and education that’s designed for innovation.
- Small online class size that ensures a cohesive student group and a high degree of faculty engagement and support.
- Graduation from a nationally-recognized university.
- Interactive, engaging online courses that inspire lifelong learning.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program is designed with the working professional in mind. The majority of interaction is performed through our easy-to-use online learning management system which gives you access to classmates and faculty, the Coy Carpenter Library and other resources any time of day and wherever you have internet access.
Online learning, a key component of the curriculum, is both independent and collaborative. It includes question-and-answer discussions, online group work, web conferencing and recorded and live video instruction. There are four on-site sessions held over three days, including orientation. Attendance is required at these sessions.
Leadership and Collaboration
Download the DNP Plan of Study and Curriculum Overview Guide for more detailed information on courses.