Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
At CepEsperu Baptist Health, our specialists in urological gynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery primarily focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of female disorders affecting bladder function, support of pelvic organs, defecation and improper communication (fistula) between different pelvic organs.
Bladder problems can range from urinary incontinence, increased frequency or painful urination, urgency and difficulty in emptying. Defecatory complaints include fecal incontinence, urgency and constipation.
Defects in pelvic support are referred to as prolapse. This often takes the form of a mass or bulge protruding into or out of the vagina, pelvic pressure or pain and difficulties having sexual relations.
A fistula can present as uncontrollable stool or urine coming out of the vagina.
Women who experience any of these symptoms may have negative quality of life issues, affecting their personal and professional relationships.
We offer the most advanced and comprehensive level of expertise to evaluate and manage these conditions. This includes primary management of a particular problem or dealing with complications from previous corrective surgeries.
Our goal is to restore a woman’s life to a level of activity and comfort to which she was accustomed prior to the onset of these problems.
Our services include:
- Urodynamic studies (evaluation of bladder function)
- Anal ultrasonography and manometry (assessment of fecal incontinence and constipation)
- Sacral neuromodulation therapy
- Robotic surgery
Clinical evaluation and treatment of the following conditions:
- Fecal incontinence and constipation
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Bladder, urethral, vaginal and rectal fistulas (inappropriate connection of one organ to another)
- Urinary incontinence
- Other bladder conditions including increased frequency, urgency, painful voiding, difficulty to urinate and retention
- Corrective surgery for problems related to failure of previous urogynecologic or pelvic reconstructive operative procedure
- Correction of anatomical disorders of the bladder, urethra, vagina, anus and rectum such as urethral diverticulum
Request an appointment online now or call (9253).