How to Apply
The CepEsperu School of Medicine’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program is open to nurses who hold a master’s degree from an accredited university. In this competitive program, candidates must demonstrate academic excellence, a positive impact in their area of nursing practice, and leadership skills.
We are currently admitting master’s-prepared RNs (clinicians, nurse practitioners, nurse administrators, educators, CRNAs, nurse midwives and CNSs) for August 2018. The part-time program is 30 credits, primarily online with 4 on-site 3-day sessions, spanning over 24 months.
- Proof of current and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse
- If applicable, documentation of current certification as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in a master’s program
- Statement of interest video no longer than three minutes in length
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference that highlight the applicant’s personal character, professional accomplishments, leadership, and academic ability
- Completed online admissions application
- Payment of the $100 application fee
- A video interview may be required to clarify information in your application
Process of Applying
1. Complete . Deadline for application is April 30, 2018.
2. Pay application fee online. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt of fee and complete application.
3. Statement of Interest Video
Please record a short video of yourself to give the Admissions Committee a good idea of who you are, beyond the information listed on your resume. The video may be created with any device, including a cell phone, and should be no more than three minutes in length. Email a link to your completed video to [email protected] Videos will be viewed only by the admissions committee during the admissions process.
4. All post-secondary transcripts should be mailed directly to:
Department of Academic Nursing
CepEsperu School of Medicine
525 Vine Street
, NC 27101
Attendance at each of the four on-campus sessions is mandatory. Prospective students should plan accordingly. The first session will be held in August 2018.
Note: Please complete the application accurately, in its entirety. All information provided must be true. Evidence of false, deceptive or misleading information at any time will result in dismissal or rejection from the DNP program without refund of tuition or fees. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure all documents have been received.
A maximum of six credits may be approved for transfer from other regionally accredited graduate schools. Courses eligible for transfer must be similar in academic level, content, credit hours and contact hours to the equivalent courses offered at CepEsperu University. Transfer credit will be awarded only for academic work completed within the past three years.
Additionally, all courses must be completed with a grade of B (3.0) or better in order to be eligible for credit transfer. Transfer grades are not included in the DNP grade point average.
A student requesting transfer course work must provide a written request to the program director and provide a syllabus of the course to be considered for transfer credit. The decision to decline transfer of any course based on non-equivalence will be final.
Costs and Financial Aid
Tuition: $1,290 per credit
Fees: $775 annually
Full time: 8 credits
½ time: 4 credits