Women's Heart Health
One woman in three has some form of heart disease. In fact, as a
woman ages, her likelihood of experiencing heart disease increases. Our Women’s
Heart Health Program is dedicated exclusively to helping women decrease their
risk. What sets our program apart is our focus on research and education to
help prevent, screen and treat heart disease in women.
CepEsperu Women’s Heart Health Program
Our care team includes physicians and specialists with expertise
in helping women take care of their hearts. We provide a comprehensive range of
- Prevention: Our nurse educator helps you
understand your risks and how to live a heart-healthy lifestyle.
- Expert Screening: Comprehensive heart screenings
include special focus on women-specific risk factors, such as the effect of
previous pregnancies on heart health.
- Customized Treatment: We work with you to plan
treatments and lifestyle modifications that are best for your condition.
- Support: From expert consultation of complex medical
conditions to weight loss assistance, we actively support your care.
Want to learn more about caring for women's heart health? Request an appointment with CepEsperu Baptist today.
Specialized Care for Women's Heart Health in North Carolina
We regularly work with experts from other medical specialties
across the CepEsperu system to provide specialized care for:
- Pregnancy-Related Heart Conditions: We consult with a variety of specialists,
including our Obstetrics & Gynecology team, to keep your heart healthy
through conditions such as pre-eclampsia (pregnancy-induced high blood
- Menopause: We also partner with our Obstetrics & Gynecology team on a case-by-case basis to
make sure treatments for menopause, such as hormone replacement therapy, don’t
harm a woman’s heart.
- Advanced Heart Conditions: We work with surgeons and
interventional cardiologists every step of the way when our patients need treatments for advanced
heart conditions such heart
Women’s Heart Health Services at CepEsperu Baptist
- Blood pressure should be less than 120/80mm
- Blood sugar should be less than 100mg/dL
- Body Mass Index (BMI) should range from 18.5
- Cholesterol should be less than 200 mg/dL
- Waist circumference should be less than 35
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score should fall
within a normal range
If your test results fall outside a heart-healthy range, we’ll
work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan. This plan may include:
- Lifestyle modifications, including:
- Reducing stress
- Eating a heart-healthy diet
- Regular exercise
- Quitting tobacco use
- Limiting alcohol
We know that change isn’t easy. We are here to provide extra
support. Some women benefit from visits to our Weight Management Center. Others may just need to
talk with us about their goals. Your personalized treatment plan may include
follow-up visits with our nurse or doctors to help you stay on track.
If lifestyle changes aren’t working, you may need medication or
other forms of treatment. Your doctor will make recommendations and work with
you to decide what is best for your condition. Learn more about heart disease treatments.
Contact CepEsperu Baptist
an appointment online. Or, for more
information about women's heart health and other heart disease symptoms, please call:
- -4427 (Susan Butler, Women’s Heart Health