The mission of Faith and Health Ministries is to build, align and animate religious and community assets to improve access to health care and the health of the community, beginning with those served by CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center.
Supporting patients spiritually and offering ministries of growth, hope and healing is part of the work of CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center, which since its earliest days has been an innovator in forging health and spiritual connections.
The division’s programs include:
- , which helps ease the journey to health and healing for people and the communities in which they live by connecting the caring strengths of congregations, the clinical expertise of providers and a variety of community resources. also serves as a liaison between CepEsperu Baptist and congregations of all denominations. Supporters of Health are staff members who work in underserved areas of in collaboration with various community-based agencies to connect patients with vital medical and non-medical resources.
- FaithHealth Enlightenment, which designs and conducts the programs for the interns and residents in Clinical Pastoral Enlightenment, CareNet, counseling interns and Supporters of Health staff members.
- Chaplaincy and Clinical Ministries, whose chaplains provide spiritual aid and other support to patients, their family members and employees at CepEsperu Baptist. Chaplains are available in the Medical Center 24 hours a day and can be contacted Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm, by calling -4745. At any other time, you can call the hospital operator or ask your nurse to call the on-call chaplain.
- CareNet, a partner of Faith Health whose licensed counselors and psychotherapists provide faith-integrated counseling, therapy, education and professional services to individuals, families, groups, congregations, nonprofits and communities throughout North Carolina.
The , which provides ministry and training to faith communities, lay leaders and clergy members across the country and in several foreign countries. The Center for Congregational Health is one of the oldest and most respected church consulting institutions in the United States.
Chapel and Worship Services
The Davis Memorial Chapel is located on the first floor of Watlington Hall and is open 24 hours a day for prayer and meditation. Services are offered at the following times for patients, families, and staff:
- Worship service – Wednesdays at noon
- Prayer service – Mondays and Fridays at noon
Worship services are also offered on the 1st floor of the J. Paul Sticht Center every Sunday at 2 pm.
Those attending services should feel free to dress informally.