Severe Weather Alert: 12:40 pm Sunday, Dec. 9
All CepEsperu Baptist Health clinics, including Urgent Care locations, will be closed Monday, Dec. 10.
- Information for employees: Staff and faculty members are encouraged to review the Severe Weather Policy and the for information related to attendance and notification procedures. [Employee Access Only]
Ratings and Reviews
88 Ratings 7 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.9|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.9|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.9|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.9|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||5.0|
|Patients' confidence in CP||5.0|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.9|
|Wait time at clinic||4.0|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, Duke University, 1983
- MD, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 1987
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1998
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1991
- Johns Hopkins University School, 1994
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Society of Neuro-Oncology
- North Carolina Medical Association
- Southern Association for Oncology
- Southern Medical Association
- American College of Physicians Fellow
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Professor, Hematology and Oncology
- Professor, Neurosurgery
- Professor, Anesthesiology
- Professor, Public Health Sciences
CepEsperu Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the CepEsperu Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at -938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - CepEsperu University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - CepEsperu University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Association of MGMT Promoter Methylation Status With Survival Outcomes in Patients With High-Risk Glioma Treated With Radiotherapy and Temozolomide: An Analysis From the NRG Oncology/RTOG 0424 Trial.. Bell EH, Zhang P, Fisher BJ, Macdonald DR, McElroy JP, Lesser GJ, Fleming J, Chakraborty AR, Liu Z, Becker AP, Fabian D, Aldape KD, Ashby LS, Werner-Wasik M, Walker EM, Bahary JP, Kwok Y, Yu HM, Laack NN, Schultz CJ, Gray HJ, Robins HI, Mehta MP, Chakravarti A. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Oct; 4(10):1405-1409.
- Glioblastoma radiomics: can genomic and molecular characteristics correlate with imaging response patterns?. Soike MH, McTyre ER, Shah N, Puchalski RB, Holmes JA, Paulsson AK, Miller LD, Cramer CK, Lesser GJ, Strowd RE, Hinson WH, Mott RT, Johnson AJ, Lo HW, Laxton AW, Tatter SB, Debinski W, Chan MD. Neuroradiology. 2018 Oct; 60(10):1043-1051.
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 2a: a novel target in gliomas.. Renfrow JJ, Soike MH, Debinski W, Ramkissoon SH, Mott RT, Frenkel MB, Sarkaria JN, Lesser GJ, Strowd RE. Future Med Chem. 2018 Sep; 10(18):2227-2236.
- Outcomes for Anaplastic Glioma Treated With Radiation Therapy With or Without Concurrent Temozolomide.. McTyre E, Lucas JT, Helis C, Farris M, Soike M, Mott R, Laxton AW, Tatter SB, Lesser GJ, Strowd RE, Lo HW, Debinski W, Chan MD. Am. J. Clin. Oncol. 2018 Aug; 41(8):813-819.
- Association Between Inflammatory Biomarker C-Reactive Protein and Radiotherapy-Induced Early Adverse Skin Reactions in a Multiracial/Ethnic Breast Cancer Population.. Hu JJ, Urbanic JJ, Case LD, Takita C, Wright JL, Brown DR, Langefeld CD, Lively MO, Mitchell SE, Thakrar A, Bryant D, Baglan K, Strasser J, Baez-Diaz L, Lesser GJ, Shaw EG. J. Clin. Oncol. 2018 Aug; 36(24):2473-2482.