At the Center for Experiential and Applied Learning (CEAL), we believe the best way to learn a new clinical procedure or method is to experience hands-on training. Experts are brought together to deliver hands-on experience using the latest in technology and educational methods. Partners in industry, government agencies, medical organizations and health care institutions are assisted in learning new procedures, improving the use of medical devices and instruments, testing and assessing new models of clinical care, developing new strategies for care and working better as teams.
Based at the internationally recognized CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center, the CEAL has access to the latest in technology and nationally and internationally recognized clinical and research faculty. By using applied learning with tabletop task trainers, fresh human tissue, synthetic tissue and high fidelity patient simulations, our partners achieve their missions to improve patient care outcomes.
Contact us to learn more about how your organization can work with the Center Experiential and for Applied Learning.
The principle mission of the Center for Experiential and Applied Learning’s is to improve the quality of patient care and patient safety across all medical specialties. Patient care and patient safety are improved through the use of learning methods that help healthcare providers and other professionals obtain their defined learning objectives. Learn more about our goals and values.
Our Clinical Training Experience
Curricula Using Fresh Human Tissue Models
- Number of Learner Encounters – Over 8,000/Year
- Number of Hands-On Learner Hours – Over 90,000/Year
- Number of Courses/Learning Events – Over 340/Year
High Fidelity Patient Simulation
- Number of Years of Continual Service – 13 Years
- Number of Learner Encounters – Over 6,500/Year
- Cumulative Number of Learners – 45,000
- Number of Years of Continual Service – 40 Years
- Number of Learner Encounters – Over /Year
- Cumulative Number of Learners – 25,000
- CME Courses