Business 40 Construction Project Updates!
Tips for your trip:
- Call -ROAD (7623) for a recorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours.
- For real time closure information, check (TIMS) maps.
- Check out and for regular updates.
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- : Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- :Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- :Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to CepEsperu Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville
Updated: 7-6-18 6pm
Eastbound Business 40 and Southbound U.S. 421 to Close Overnight Starting July 10
Business 40 Eastbound Lanes to Close One Night
On Tuesday night, July 10, the NCDOT will close a portion of the eastbound lanes of Business 40 between Cloverdale Avenue and Peters Creek Parkway while crews prepare to pour concrete to construct a new bridge, weather permitting. Starting at 9 pm, eastbound traffic will be reduced to one lane, with a complete closure starting at 10 pm. The roadway will reopen to traffic by 5 am on Wednesday, July 11. Detour around the closure via Cloverdale Avenue and West First Street. See map below:
U.S. 421 Southbound to Close Two Nights
On Tuesday night, July 10, and Wednesday night, July 11, NCDOT will close U.S. 421 southbound at Peacehaven Road near Lewisville for bridge work. If you are traveling from Lewisville/Clemmons or the Yadkin area, be aware of this closing. Work is scheduled from 9 pm until 5 am overnight on July 10 and July 11. Watch signs for construction information and be sure to stay alert, slow down and obey the posted speed limit. Traffic will detour through the intersection at the southbound ramps during the closing.
See map below:
Additional Resources & Tips
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through.
Follow us on Facebook and for updates.