Business 40 Construction Project Updates!
**Business 40 Information Fairs Rescheduled**
For your safety and due to the inclement winter weather, we are rescheduling the “Pop up” Business 40 Information Fairs originally scheduled on Wednesday, Jan. 17 and Thursday, Jan. 18. Check back over the next few months for the new Fair dates in the spring.
It’s 2018. New year—New routes
Countdown to the fall closing of Business 40.
Remember, you have a new way to get information about Business 40-related news. Just call -ROAD (7623).
Ver actualización de la construcción de Business 40.
Peters Creek Bridge
The good news is that nighttime lane closures on Business 40 at the Peter Creek Bridge have ended. However, there may still be sporadic daytime lane closures along Peters Creek Parkway. The City will be installing a new fence near the ballpark, which may require some of these lane closures.
Liberty Street South of Business 40
Liberty Street will be narrowed to two lanes between Business 40 and Cemetery Street from now until Jan. 15 and narrowed to one lane from Jan. 15 through Feb. 2 for demolition of the CBI and STEAM Academy buildings.
First Street between Marshall and Poplar Street
First Street will be closed between Marshall and Poplar for water line work in January. This project will
continue westward, in two-block sections, to Peters Creek Parkway
First Street and Liberty Street Closures
Business 40 Information Fairs
This month, three Business 40 Fairs will give you the information you need to reach your destination. Learn how the Business 40 Improvement Project will affect your commute. Representatives from the NCDOT, Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART), Transit Authority (WSTA) and others will provide information and answer questions.
Here’s next week’s fair schedule:
- Main Business 40 Fair (Including the chance to win one of three $10 VISA® gift cards)
Tuesday, Jan. 16 from 7 am to 7 pm, Fresh Inspirations Cafe (cafeteria).
- “Pop-up” Business 40 Fairs Wednesday, Jan. 17 from 11 am to 2 pm, Watlington Hall, near Hawthorne Road entrance.
Thursday, Jan. 18 from 11 am to 2 pm, Sticht Center Lobby
Tips for your trip:
- Call -ROAD (7623) for arecorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours. The phone line will be updated as needed
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave
for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can
use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by
using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through.
- Check out and for regular updates.
- For real time closure information, check (TIMS) maps.
Here are some examples of navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- : Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- :Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- :Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Follow us on Facebook and for updates.