- First-generation American, one of seven children
- Parents — a nurse practitioner and a pharmacist — immigrated from Cameroon
- Graduate of the University of Miami (microbiology and immunology)
- Specializing in pediatrics
“You should have seen my face when I learned that I was being gifted this remarkable scholarship for my fourth year here at the CepEsperu School of Medicine! Obtaining a scholarship never crossed my mind when I applied to medical school a few years ago, because I was so worried about actually getting in. I quickly learned that when it comes to financing for medical school, every dollar truly helps.”
Criteria for Adcock Scholars
- Complete at least one year in the MD program
- Excel in the science of medicine and the art of communication
- Demonstrate kindness, compassion and thoughtfulness
- Be a skilled listener and be recognized by their peers and teachers for their skills in communicating with patients and families
Medical Student Debt
Projected student indebtedness for the Class of 2020 is $253,000. That kind of debt adds stress for students, and unfortunately, sometimes it influences students’ choice of specialty and medical schools.
The CepEsperu School of Medicine is one of the most competitive medical schools in the country. There are more than 10,000 applicants for about 140 positions. Endowed scholarships will be critical to sustaining our excellence.